Blue Ridge Mountain Club POA


Accessing the Community
  • chevron_rightI am a new owner how do I gain access into BRMC?
    Contingent that you have completed a BRMC POA Member Information Form, your information has been provided to the North Gate Team and your access materials will be ready upon your next visit. If you have not completed a BRMC POA Member Information Form go to the BRMC POA Documents Page and then select 'Member Information Form'. 
  • chevron_rightWhat are the staffed gate hours?
    The North Gate is currently staffed during the following hours:
    • Monday         
    • Tuesday          
    • Wednesday   
    • Thursday       
    • Friday           
    • Saturday       
    • Sunday         
  • chevron_rightHow do I allow access to guests or other residents using my phone?
    When a guest uses the call box to select your number, receive the call and then hit the number 9 on your phone. This will open the gate and allow access to your guests. 
  • chevron_rightHow do I confirm which number is in the call box?
    Log into your owner access system portal, Access Control & Register Guest - ISN. In your access system portal area select ‘Contact Info’, in this area is where you will see your ‘Residents’ information and the primary phone number associated with each resident.  If you wish to update or edit, select ‘Edit’ next to the resident’s name.  This will redirect you to ‘Guests Entry Alerts’ where you can update your information and select to opt in or out of the call box. 
  • chevron_rightHow do I create a scannable pass for myself?
    Log into your owner access system portal, Access Control & Register Guests – ISN.  In your access system portal area select ‘Guests’, in this area you can create yourself as a guest and email the scannable pass to yourself. 
  • chevron_rightIs there wi-fi at the gates?
    Yes, both gates have wi-fi which, after connecting, will enable you to text and make wi-fi calls. Please enable wi-fi calling on your phone in order to place and receive wi-fi calls. There is not a password required to connect to the gate wi-fi. 
Architectural Review (ARB)
  • chevron_right Do you need approval to build your home or make changes to the home?
    No Improvements, including, without limitation, Homes, Units, accessory structures, exterior lighting fixtures, brick pavers, stamped concrete, concrete flatwork, buildings, fences, walls, exterior lighting, pools, roofs, gutters or rain spouts, antennae, aerials, microwaves, reception devices, mailboxes, external enclosures (including entry screen and patio screen enclosures), or landscaping (including hedges and massed plantings) shall be commenced, erected, installed, altered, modified, painted, planted or maintained on the Committed Property, nor shall any canopy, shutters or window coverings be attached to or placed upon outside walls or roofs of any Home or Unit or other building by any Owner other than Declarant, unless such Improvements have been reviewed by and received the written approval of the ARB.
  • chevron_rightHow long does it take to receive approval to build a home?
    After all documents, fees and deposits have been received, the time may vary anywhere from 14-28 days. This is dependent on the ARB requiring additional information.
  • chevron_rightWho do I contact to get information for an ARB issue?

    You can contact our Compliance Coordinator, Karen Marich at

Community Communications
  • chevron_rightWhere do I find guidelines and information for the BRMC Owner's Facebook Page The HOP
    BRMC Owners have a private Facebook page, BRMC HOP - Neighbors and Homeowners of the BRMC Community.  This is an excellent resource for new and current owners to meet and engage with their new community.  Please note that the BRMC HOP is a owner managed Facebook page, BRMC POA staff are not the administrators. Please view the full list of guidelines for the HOP. 
  • chevron_rightWhat is Clubster?
    To stay connected with the community, Blue Ridge Mountain Club POA has its own private social communication app provided by Clubster.  Clubster is a free and private app to keep up with the latest news, activities, and events.  You can also send private messages, create your own groups, and more to stay connected within BRMC. In Clubster you may access calendars, menus, event details, and RSVP for events. 
  • chevron_rightHow do I access Clubster?
    Contact either the Assistant Community Manager or the Recreation and Programs Manager, by selecting the Owner Resources tab at the top of the page and select 'POA Staff' to submit a request.  
Convenience Centers
  • chevron_rightWhat is the schedule of service for trash and recycling?
    Republic Services schedule of service is listed below for both convenience center locations: the Village area location and the Pole Barn location. 
    • Monday - containers at the Pole Barn, containers at the Village area
    • Friday -  containers at the Village area
    • Every other Thursday - cardboard containers at the Village area
    • Every other Week - recycle container at the Village area
  • chevron_rightWhere do I take my recycling and trash?
    The convenience center located at the Village, across from the construction trailer and near the West Ridge Trail, contains two blue trash containers (8 yards) and one large recycle container (20 yards).  Two cardboard containers have recently been added.  The convenience center located at the Pole Barn, off of Reynolds Parkway near the South Gate, contains two blue trash container (8 yards).  Listed below are the items permitted in the recycle container; additionally, please breakdown cardboard before placing it in the cardboard containers.
    • The following items are permitted in the recycle container: Glass, Aluminum/metal, Plastic, Paper (office paper, newspaper, junk mail), All cardboard (broken down) placed in the two cardboard containers. 
    • Republic does accept bagged items, so it is ok to put the entire bag with your mixed recyclables in the container.  Styrofoam is not accepted, please place this in the trash containers.  Please note the community trash containers are for residential trash only. Each home under construction has its own dumpster.  Please breakdown cardboard before placing in the container.   
Dues & Payment Information
  • chevron_rightCan I make a payment online and how do I do that?
    Yes! Once you log into the owners portal, click on “Make a Payment” on the left menu or click the “Payments” button on the bottom of the page.


    • Enroll in Auto-Draft: This option will take you to an online form to set up Automatic Drafts for your Association’s dues payments.
    • One-Time eCheck: This option allows you to make a one-time payment from your checking account with no additional fee.
    • Recurring eCheck: This option allows you to set up a recurring e-check from your checking account.
    • Credit Card: This option allows you to make a payment with your credit card. This payment service is through a third-party, so their 3.25% fee is added to the amount due (as noted during the setup process).
  • chevron_rightHow do I view my account balance?
    If you would like to view your POA account balance. You may log in to your account on and click on ‘My Account’. A balance will only show when something is owed. There are also multiple ways for you to pay your dues on the website which you can do by selecting the ‘Payments’ button on the bottom of the ‘My Account’ screen. For account billing or balance questions, please contact CAMS Accounts Receivable at
  • chevron_rightHow much are quarterly dues in 2021 and how often do they go up?
    Quarterly dues went up 3% from $986 per quarter in 2020 to $1,016 per quarter in 2021. Planned increases have been discussed at previous Annual Meetings and are explained in the BRMC POA CC&R’s.  The full CC&R’s can be found on this community website under 'Owner Resources' tab then select 'Documents'. If you pay your dues through your online banking, it is important to go in to your bank's website and update your bill pay amount. If you are signed up on ACH on the POA’s website, the increase will be automatically changed for you.
  • chevron_rightI have a question about my account or billing. How do I contact the management company?
    Log into your owner portal by clicking on the Login link in the top right corner of this site. Click Submit a Request from the left menu and select "Billing Question." You can select "General Question" if you need information about your association but not specifically about your owner account. You may also call 877.672.2267. 
  • chevron_rightI want to make a payment by check or my bank's bill pay service. Where do I send these payments?
    Please mail any payments to:
    Blue Ridge Mountain Club POA     or if condo's Peak's at Watson's Gap COA
    c/o CAMS
    PO Box 97548
    Raleigh, NC 27624
  • chevron_rightI'm signed up for Auto-Draft. When will my payment reflect on my account?
    Auto-Draft or ACH payments will draft from your bank account on the 10th of the month of your billing cycle and will reflect on your owner account immediately. 
  • chevron_rightUtility Billing, charges explained.
    The water/sewer standby fee was increased to $60 per month in 2019. Owners with a meter will also pay $15 per 1,000 gallons of water used billed per gallon. This went into effect for 2019 billings. Each invoice states in the comments section which billing cycle the invoice is for. As discussed at the Annual Meeting, the increase for the 2019 water rates is to get the utilities to not have a negative cash flow and the increase will not be generating a profit. Pages 13 and 14 of the Annual Meeting Presentation, located in the owners portal documents section, explain why the monthly utility amount was increased.
    Example bill: If you used 1,200 gallons of water in the month your bill would be $78.00. This would be comprised of the $60 standby fee and $18 in usage (1,200 gallons x $.015 = $18).
  • chevron_rightUtility Billing, when do bills come?
    In 2021 Utility Billing changed from a monthly billing format to a quarterly billing format. 
    The monthly stand by fee of $60 is being billed quarterly at $180 at the beginning of each quarter, similar to how quarterly assessments are billed. If you are a lot owner, this will decrease your billings from 12 to 4 a year. These billings will be consistent and will not vary. If you are a homeowner you will receive the stand by billings along with quarterly usage billings. The usage billings will be billed at the end of the quarter. Homeowner billings will decrease from 12 to 8 a year.
  • chevron_rightUtility Billing, who do I contact if I have a question?
    Email Chris Wetmore, the Community Manager, at There are many parties involved in the utility billing process and Chris is charged with overseeing the entire process. Do not contact CAMS with utility billing questions. 
  • chevron_rightWhat do my dues cover?

    Dues cover expenses associated with operating and maintaining the common areas and common area amenities within Blue Ridge Mountain Club.  These are things such as the trails, streams, roads, the Watson Gap Pavilion area, community signage, landscaping, and snow removal, along with many other financial aspects to make sure that the sustainability of the community is long standing and successful. The association dues do not cover trash removal and snow removal from owner’s residences.  This must be carried out at the owner’s expense.


    Association fees are invoiced quarterly.  Fiscal year is January 1 through December 31.   Fees are due upon receipt. The POA collection policy is available for your reference at

  • chevron_rightWhen are late fees applied to my account?
    Late fees are applied to your account 30 days from the time something was billed. 2019 Q1 dues were billed on January 1. If payment was not received by CAMS on January 30, late fees and interest were applied and are then applied monthly until they are received. We understand oversights occur, if you have gotten caught up and would like them waived as a courtesy, please contact the Community Manager. 
Fire Safety: What can I do?
  • chevron_rightWhat is a knox box and how do I get one?
    To allow fire personnel to enter your home without causing damage, a Homeowner can purchase a “Lock Box” that is called a KnoxBox and have it affixed to your home and that hides a key to your house. Once the key/code is in the box and locked up, only your Primary Fire Personnel can open it up; the homeowner can not open the KnoxBox.

    The recommended Lock Box is a KnoxBox 1650 series that comes in various colors and mounting methods, but there are others to choose as well. For SSFD fire personnel to open the box, you’ll need to know that the SSFD KnoxBox Department System Code is PS-34-0522-04-15. The SSFD is already set up with KnoxBox so there is no additional authorization needed. For the other two Fire Districts you’ll have to first contact your Primary FD (Contact Information below) for their Registration Code and to discuss use of a Lock Box in general (since they may have their own procedures).

    If you want to acquire your own Lock Box, simply go to the Knox Website (, order the box and mount it in a visible location near your primary entrance. There is no discount for buying in a group. The SSFD Fire Chief recommends that homeowners individually purchase their own KnoxBox.
    Before mounting your device, you should contact your primary Fire Department for the next step. For SSFD, call Doug Berry, the SSFD Fire Chief, who will come to your house (a) to record the location of your Lock Box, (b) to lock it up and (c) to “test” it (Remember: only your primary FD has the key for your KnoxBox). Doug also wants to meet individual Homeowners and to discuss any special features of the house that would be useful to Fire Personnel coming out to your home.
    Stewart Simmons VFD
    To contact Doug, you can call the station and leave a message (828-264-1112) or E-Mail:

    Ferguson VFD
    For Ferguson, there are several numbers to choose: The Station down by Triplett and Elk Creek Darby Rd is Station #2 and the number is 336-973-4152 (Main number is: 336-973-7132).

    Blowing Rock VFD
    For Blowing Rock, the closest Station (#3) is the one on Aho Rd just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. The number is 828-548-2803. The Blowing Rock Fire Chief is Kent Graham and the main Blowing Rock FD number is 828-295-9543 or 828-548-2800. The Fire Chief’s E-Mail is:
Governing Document Information
  • chevron_rightWhat are Bylaws?
    The Declaration forms the constitutional foundation of the association; Bylaws define the laws and operating procedures of the association. Bylaws detail the framework for governing the association that is authorized in the Declaration. They address the association's structure, the board, the officers, definition of a quorum, ability to enter into contracts, etc. Bylaws provide reliable guidance for board members at meetings in addition to:
    • Requirements of membership meetings
    • Voting rights of property owners
    • Procedures for electing the board of directors
    • Procedures for the board of directors to elect officers
    • General powers and duties of the board
    You can find copies of your Association's By-Laws in the Governing Documents folder on the Documents page.
  • chevron_rightWhat are Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions?
    The underlying document of a property owners association, apart from state law, is the Declaration, also referred to as Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&Rs). The Declaration is the constitutional law of the association. The Declaration defines the limits and inclusions of ownership for the owners and the association. As a legal entity the association is better prepared to pursue certain business needs, such as entering contracts, raising funds, filing liens, and collecting fees in a foreclosure. 
    The Declaration may contain:
    • Definitions of the physical elements of the property
    • The method for determining the share of interest in the common area for each property owner
    • A list of the responsibilities for the association and individual owners and permitted uses of common areas and individual units
    • Responsibilities for care of the association and the common areas
    • Restrictions on the use or enjoyment of properties in the association and common areas
    You can find copies of your Association's CC&R's in the Governing Documents folder on the Documents page.
  • chevron_rightWhat are Rules & Regulations?
    Rules and regulations are the operational and behavioral laws that apply directly to association residents and their guest. They state acceptable and/or unacceptable conduct for all Owners, their guests, visitors and renters. Rules and regulations may generate conflict between the board and the owner(s) since they may provide restrictions regarding noise, pets, use of the property or common areas, and fining procedures, however, good rules serve the interests of the entire association and protect the common areas.

    You can find copies of your Association's Articles of Incorporation in the Governing Documents folder on the Documents page.
  • chevron_rightWhat are the Articles of Incorporation?
    • Bring the corporation into existence
    • Define the basic purpose and powers of the corporation
    • Indicate there will be a board of directors and may, identify the initial board
    You can find copies of your Association's Articles of Incorporation in the Governing Documents folder on the Documents page.
  • chevron_rightWhat are the Governing Documents of an Association?
    Property owners associations derive their basic legal authority for their existence, activities, and actions from state statutes (laws) and certain legal documents:
    • Articles of Incorporation
    • Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions
    • By-Laws
    • Rules & Regulations
    You can find copies of your Association's Governing Documents on the Documents page. 
Hospitality Information
  • chevron_rightHow do I make reservations for the Lookout Grill & Jasper House?
    Reservations can be made for the Lookout Grill and Jasper House by either emailing; please include name, party size, and request dinning time.  Or you may call the Lookout Grill at (828) 355.1257 to make reservations.
  • chevron_rightDo I need to wear a mask to dine at the Lookout Grill & Jasper House?
    Yes.  For the safety of our staff, members and guests, we ask that you respectfully follow the guidelines at the Lookout Grill as provided by staff. This includes wearing a mask when you are mobile inside the Jasper House and Lookout Grill, ONLY when being seated at your table or making your way to the restroom. Masks do not have to be worn at the table or outdoors. While we understand that some prefer to not wear masks by choice, we are attempting to create a dining experience where staff, members and guests feel comfortable and safe and therefore will continue to ask that all members and guests follow the guidelines.  Information on the Grill operations may be found on the documents tab of the POA website, then select ‘Phase 2 Lookout Grill & Jasper House Announcement'.
  • chevron_rightWhat are the current Phase 2 Guidelines for the Lookout Grill & Jasper House?
    Currently, dinning party sizes are limited to 6 people, with limited number of seating’s per hour.  Outdoor seating is available, with tables that have been positioned with 8 feet of separation between each table set up.  Information on the Grill operations may be found on the ‘Documents’ tab of the POA website, then select ‘Phase 2 Lookout Grill & Jasper House Announcement’.
Online Owner Portal Information
  • chevron_rightHow do I access the owners portal?

    To access the Community Website, review the following instructions:

    • Log on to
    • Click on “SIGN IN” in the upper right corner of the screen
    • As a first time user, select "CREATE AN ACCOUNT"
    • The required security key was sent to you in your Welcome Letter. If you need assistance logging in or if you misplaced your security key, please call CAMS at 877.672.2267. 
  • chevron_rightHome Owner Portal Sections Explained
    You will log into the “Owners Portal” which gives you an overview of your upcoming Assessments or if there are any Open Issues. 
    • Dashboard: This menu takes you back to the original screen.
    • My Account: This menu will show you your payment history
    • My Items: This menu will show you the status of any inquiries or service requests you have
    • made through the “Other Request” menu (see below).
    • My Contact Info: This menu will allow you to verify your contact information as well as indicate how you would like our office to communicate with you (i.e. via E-Mail, text, paper, or (future) app notification). Any changes made in the portal will now change the software system automatically.
    • My Login: This menu allows you to change your password to the homeowner portal.
    • Submit A Request: This menu gives you ways to communicate with us electronically. Options include Billing Question, General Question, Link to Another Property (if you have more than one property CAMS manages, you can link them to one login through this request), and Service/Maintenance Request. These requests will be routed to the appropriate person to assist.
    • Directory: This menu will give you a directory of your association’s Directors and Committee Members.
    • Documents: This menu is where you will find your community’s governing documents, including Rules and Regulations, financials, and Welcome Packet.
  • chevron_rightHow do I access the monthly financials?
    All monthly financials are also view able on the community website in the owner portal. After logging in, click on ‘Documents’ on the left-hand side of the screen. In the center of the screen then click on ‘Financials’ and navigate to the set of financials you wish to view.
  • chevron_rightWhen are monthly financials posted in the owners portal?
    Monthly financials are posted to the website once they have been approved by the Board. In a typical POA situation, financials can be produced and ready for distribution in 1-2 weeks. Because BRMC is comprised of not only the normal operating activities but also fitness, restaurant, and utility operations; it can take up to 20-25 days for the financials to be produced. They are then reviewed by POA Management and staff to ensure accuracy. The final step is for them to be reviewed and approved by the Board. Using June financials as an example, best case is to have them in the online owners portal towards the end of July. If there is a delay that causes the Board Meeting to be postponed and the financials can't yet be approved, this could delay them being posted until the Board can meet. If that were to occur, June financials would be posted in early August. Please also keep in mind that the end of year close out in December causes a delay in the posting of those financials. December financials will generally be posted by mid-February. 
  • chevron_rightI own multiple properties and manage both of my accounts in my Owner Portal?d/or I am a member of a Community Association that has a Master Association. How do I see all of my accounts?
    Log into your owner portal by clicking on the Login link in the top right corner of this site. Click Submit a Request from the left menu and select "General Question" from the dropdown. Please provide the details of the accounts you would like to link, and let us know what your mailing address is, if it is not already the same on all accounts.
  • chevron_rightWhat can I do in the owners portal?

    The Blue Ridge Mountain Club Community website is available to every owner who owns a home or home site within Blue Ridge Mountain Club. 


    Through the Community Website, owners may:

    • Get real-time account information specific to your individual account
    • Make on-line payments using either E-check or Credit Card
    • Communicate via email with the Manager of the Association
    • View Board and committee meeting agendas and minutes
    • View financial statements of the Association
    • View Association documents (Bylaws, Rules & Regulations, etc.)
    • Opt into the online directory
Real Estate Agents & Closing Attorneys
  • chevron_rightI am a closing attorney and need payoff information.
    Attorneys needs to fill out the attorney closing packet. Once they do that and CAMS (the management company) receives it, a block payments hold will be placed on the account until they receive the closing documents. Once they receive closing documents, the new owners will be placed on the account. Requests may be submitted from the CAMS website at; however, you will be redirected to where you will need to log in to submit your request.  The new platform will allow you to track your order online, submit documents and required information directly in the portal instead of mailing it, and pay electronically.  For further detail please read the CAMS Homewise Transition Document
  • chevron_rightWhat is the cost for a Certificate of Assessment?
    The standard cost of a Certificate of Assessment is $200, and an additional $21 that will go to HomeWiseDocs.  The new platform, HomeWiseDocs will allow you to track your order online, submit documents and required information directly in the portal instead of mailing it, and pay electronically.

BRMC North Gate - Main Entrance

BRMC South Gate