Within the boundaries of Blue Ridge Mountain Club sits Chetola Sporting Reserve. On 67 acres of rolling mountain terrain, this private club offers an array of outdoor sportsman activities, including gun, rifle and pistol ranges, sporting clay course, 5-stand clay station, archery range, and fly fishing. All activities are led by NRA‐certified instructors. Being an owner of BRMC guarantees you the Chetola Member pricing. Click on the Chetola logo to be taken to the Chetola Reserve website.
If the Chetola Sporting Reserve is booked or not open we also offer a second option located in the Meadows for our owners. The range is able to be used for handgun, short range rifle, and clays. There are rules posted onsite and these rules are available below. This range was designed within NRA guidelines with safety the utmost importance. This range is not staffed and is recommended for shooters with experience. If you would like a range experience with more features or an instructor it is recommended you contact the Chetola Sporting Reserve.
- This is a shoot at your own risk location.
- No alcohol.
- Age Limit: Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Always keep firearms pointed in a safe direction.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Always keep your gun unloaded until you are at the firing line and the range is declared "HOT". Firearms must be safe (unloaded - magazines removed and actions opened) when entering or exiting the range.
- Cease Firing: Immediately stop shooting when anyone calls "Cease firing."
- COLD Range: Shooters must check with others to ensure firearms are unloaded, actions open and firearms laid down on the shooting bench before going down range. No one is permitted to handle firearms or stand at the firing line while there is a cold range.
- HOT Range: Shooters must check with others to ensure there is no one down range; when the range is declared "HOT" shooters are permitted to commence firing. Only shooters are permitted on the firing line. Shooters may move safe guns to and from the firing line only when the range is "HOT."
- All shooters are responsible for their rounds staying within the confines of the range. Shooters may shoot only from the firing line at the target in line with their position. Shooting at items placed on the ground or at targets not posted at the appropriate height on the target frame enables rounds to escape the range.
- Respect the Range: Please place your trash into the trash receptacles and your spent brass into the recycling receptacles. Tracer, armor piercing and incendiary ammunition is prohibited. When going downrange, stay on the walkways to and from the targets-access to the backstop and all areas outside of the target lines and walkways is prohibited.
- Respect Yourself: Wear eye and ear protection. Food, beverages and smoking are not allowed on the firing line.
- Respect Others: There is a one-hour time limit for use of the range if patrons are waiting.